8/14/14

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: romance, contemporary, young adult.
Series: Anna And the French Kiss #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

Anna has everything figured out - she was about to start senior year with her best friend, she had a great weekend job, and her huge work crush looked as if it might finally be going somewhere... Until her dad decides to send her 4383 miles away to Paris. On her own.
But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna finds herself making new friends, including Etienne, the smart, beautiful boy from the floor above. But he’s taken – and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near-missed end with the French kiss she’s been waiting for?


My review:

For the past two months I’ve seen this book a million times on my Goodreads feed. And I just had to know what all the fuzz was about. So I ordered the book and read it immediately.

Anna just needed to think “Who sends their kid to boarding school? It’s so Hogwarts. Only mine doesn’t have cute boy wizards or magic candy or flying lessons.” and I was completely sold. Anna is great. She’s so funny and relatable. The way she thinks ( “PANIC. They left me. My parents actually left me! IN FRANCE!” ) is just completely me.

Oh and then there’s Mr. Hottie aka Mr. Gorgeous Hair aka Mr. Étienne St. Clair. *sighs*
“His dark messy hair has a few curls in it today. It’s quite breathtaking, really. If there were an Olympics competition in hair, St. Clair would totally win, hands down. Ten-point-oh. Gold metal.”
Now, let me tell you something. I never wanted to smell a fictional character boy‘s hair so much! I mean seriously! Every time Anna mentioned his hair, I was completely… *sighs again* I don’t even have a word for it. Étienne is gorgeous, nice, funny,… I’m basically in love with him.

Anna’s friends are amazing too! Especially Josh. I liked him a lot and I’m pleased to know the 3rd book is (partly?) about him!

“This is home. The two of us.”
This book is beautiful. Not only the cover, but the scenery is perfect too. I’ve been a few times to Paris already so I recognized a lot of buildings and places, but there are also a few I didn’t know, which was very nice to read and discover like this (I really need to go back now!). This is such a nice story about first loves, friendship, family and dealing with hard decisions. All the characters have something interesting and I would definitely recommend this book!

“The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”
My review isn’t very detailed, but that’s because I think you should read this book without knowing too much about it. If you’re thinking about reading this book: just do it. Yes it’s sometimes a bit cheesy, but who doesn’t like a bit of cheesy, right? ;)

“I love Paris,” I say.
“And I’m sure it loves you back.”




View it on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment