8/14/14

Review: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: romance, contemporary, (new) adult fiction, chick-lit.
Series: stand-alone.

Blurb from Goodreads:

By day, two young women spend their hours emailing each other, discussing every aspect of their lives. By night, Lincoln, a lonely IT guy, spends his hours reading every exchange. Soon Lincoln is drawn into their lives, and finds himself falling for one of them. Lincoln decides it's time to muster the courage to follow his heart.

My review:

“I didn’t knew love could leave the lights on all the time.”

Lincoln is a cute character. Very likeable and handsome. I don’t have much experience with reading books in a male POV, but I quite liked it. However, his story wasn’t that exciting. I didn’t really liked Sam. And during half of this book he was thinking about her soooo….

The way Rowell wrote the conversations between Jennifer and Beth was refreshing. It’s very original and I would love read another book written like this. I feel like I know them much better than Lincoln. I loved how they talked to each other. They were funny and I immediately liked them both a lot. I was very moved about what happened to Jennifer.

The storyline was nice, but I think my expectations were a bit too high. I read Eleanor & Park and Fangirl and I both loved them a lot. But this one… I don’t know how to explain myself, so I made a little chart thingy:


(Ignore my drawing skills haha :D)

As you can see I really liked the ending (the last 2 chapter convinced me to give it 4 stars instead of 3). But I was… unsatisfied? I feel like the story just started. I want another book! I want to know more about Beth and Lincoln.
So for me, this wasn’t the best book Rowell wrote, but I still liked it. I just think it wasn’t on the same level as E&P or Fangirl.

“I didn’t know someone could love me like this,” she said. “Could love me and love me and love me without… needing space.”
“There’s no air in space,” he said.



View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment