8/14/14

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

My rating: ★★★+0.5
Genre: new adult, romance, contemporary.
Series: Beautiful #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

GOOD GIRL
Abby Abernathy doesn't drink or swear and she works hard. Abby believes she has buried her dark past, but when she arrives at college, ger dreams of a new beginning are quickly challenged by the university's walking one-night stand.
BAD BOY
TRavis Maddox, sexy, built, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs - and wants - to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight club, and his days as the notorious college Lothario.
IMMINENT DISASTER?
Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain celibate for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in travis's apartment of trh same amount of time.
OR THE START OF SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL?
Either way, TRavis has no idea that he has met his match. Or that this is the start of an obsessive, intense relationship that will lead them both into unimaginable territory


My review:

"You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one think I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Pigeon."

 Okay, I don’t really know where to start, but I think my expectations were a bit too high.
I read soooo many good reviews and on my bookstagram many people recommended me this book.
I read the first 200-250 pages in one sitting and I just had to force myself to stop reading at 2AM. I just couldn’t get enough. But then I don’t know what happened. I liked the relationship between Travis and Abby, but the whole poker thing bothered me a little. I thought it didn’t really fit with Abby’s personality. And the fact that their relationship was on and off for a few times bothered me also a little.
I think that if the book was shorter that I would have liked it more.

All these things said, I still liked the book! It’s not that I was bored, it was lovely.
My fav moments were Abby’s birthday and when she cooked the Thanksgiving meal for Travis’ dad and brothers.
Also the ending was also super sweet! I’m very pleased with it. However, I’m not going to read the second book immediately. I’m probably going to read it during summer vacation.

(By the way, am I the only one who thought that the nickname ‘Pidge/Pigeon’ was weird?)

"It’s dangerous to need someone that much. You’re trying to save him, at he’s hoping you can. You two are a disaster."
"It doesn’t matter what or why it is. When it’s good, Kara… it’s beautiful."


 
View this on Goodreadshere.

No comments:

Post a Comment