8/14/14

Review: Changing Forever by Lisa De Jong

My rating: ★★★+0.5
Genre: romance, contemporary, new adult.
Series: Rain #2 (stand-alone series)

Blurb from Goodreads:

I've always let my past dictate my future, letting it paint a picture of exactly what I don’t want to be. Where I don’t want to end up.
Drake Chambers is as arrogant as I am stubborn. A college quarterback, a national star. I thought he was just another one of those guys … the type every girl should stay away from, but he’s carrying more than the weight of the football team on his shoulders.
He unravels the feelings and beliefs I’ve held onto for so long.
I thought we had it all figured out. Two people who’d finally found their happily ever after, but the past always has a way of sneaking into the present.
With one decision, everything changes … forever.


My review:

“Two different people. Two different worlds. Two different dreams.”

A handsome guy and an ‘innocent’ girl. I’m a sucker for these kind of books.
I loved When It Rains (it’s one of my all-time favs), so I had quite some high expectations for this one. And I loved the idea of this stand-alone series. The characters in this book were amazing. I love Lisa’s way of describing things, people and feelings.

“If all I wanted to do is look at a guy without a shit, I’d stay home and browse Pinterest. At least the guys on there can’t talk back.”

Emery (gorgeous name!) was a very likable character. She’s funny, smart, down to earth and a little emotionally broken because of her past. And Drake… * sighs* handsome Drake Chambers… I couldn’t get enough of him. He’s funny and caring. Yes, he made a few big mistakes in his life-choices, but that made me like him even more.
The two of them together were amazing. Sparks everywhere! God, the making-out scenes were extremely hot!

“I think a person can tell the minute they care about another person by how much they absorb the other person’s emotions – taking them as their own. I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a twinge of pain in my chest right now. This girl, so sweet, so beautiful, is hurting, and I want to make it all go away.”

The storyline was good too. But… I expected more? (view spoiler)

“You changed my idea of perfect, and this version makes me happy. I can’t imagine ever going to bed without you by my side, or waking up and not seeing your face.”

By the way: Am I the only one who gets super excited when characters of the previous stand-alone appear? Because I almost screamed when I read that Kate was Em’s roommate!! :D Oh! And when Kate said ‘I love when it rains’ , I almost started crying!! Gosh. I’m never going to get over Asher and her ♥.

“They say you should dream like you’ll live forever, and live like you’ll die tomorrow. This is my life and my dream… it just took a while for me to see that in order to have them both, I had to change my idea of forever.”



View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment