8/14/14

Review: The Fear Trials by Lindsay Cummings

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: young adult, dystopia, prequel.
Series: The Murder Complex #0.5


Blurb on Goodreads:

Meadow Woodson has been trained to survive. This is a prequel to The Murder Complex, by Lindsay Cummings, and it is set in a blood-soaked world where the murder rate is higher than the birth rate. For fans of Moira Young's Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Meadow Woodson's father calls it The Fear Trials, and it is a rite of passage in their family. Meadow is up against her brother Koi. The Fear Trials will both harden her and make her brave. If Meadow wins, she will get a weapon of her own and the right to leave the Woodsons' houseboat without her father or mother at her side. Set in the violent, complex, and mysterious world of The Murder Complex, and introducing Meadow Woodson—a teenage girl trained to survive no matter what the cost—and her family, who are together for the last time on their houseboat in the Florida Everglades
.

My review:

"Someone save me, I'm falling to darkness.
I met a man in the night who gave me a new start.
Someone save me, I'm losing my sanity.
The man's name was Death and he blackened my heart."


I've been waiting for this series a loooooooooooooong time!
And I'm so happy I finally read The Fear Trials and that The Murder Complex is getting released soon (June 10!!).

I didn't expected the story to be like this, but I liked this book a lot! Meadow is an amazing character. But the world she lives in is harsh, but she's so strong. Even stronger than she wants to admit. Koi is also great! I hope I'll find out more about him in TMC.

Don't know if I really like her father btw.
This book was too short to really form a opinion about him. (view spoiler)

Oh and I love Meadow's name! It sounds so nice and I wonder how Lindsay came up with it! :D

About the TMC excerpt: I LOVED IT AND I'M SO CURIOUS ABOUT ZEPHYR!!!

"Kill or be killed."

#Booknerdigan



View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment