8/14/14

Review: How To Fall In Love by Cecelia Ahern

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: romance, contemporary, chick-lit, womens fiction.
Series: stand-alone.

Blurb from Goodreads:

She has just two weeks. Two weeks to teach him how to fall in love – with his own life.
Adam Basil and Christine Rose are thrown together late one night, when Christine is crossing the Halfpenny Bridge in Dublin. Adam is there, poised, threatening to jump. Adam is desperate – but Christine makes a crazy deal with him. His 35th birthday is looming and she bets him she can show him that life is worth living before then.
Despite her determination, Christine knows what a dangerous promise she’s made. Against the ticking of the clock, the two of them embark on wild escapades, grand romantic gestures and some unlikely late-night outings. Slowly, Christine thinks Adam is starting to fall back in love with his life.
But has she done enough to change his mind for good? And is that all that’s starting to happen?


My review:

There should be a book called: "How to write a decent review about a book you loved, but can't seem to find the right words for."
The blurb of this book got me totally curious. I loved the main character, Christine, and Adam straight from the beginning. They are both a bit broken and that was what I liked a lot. The book is about a period of two weeks and it's when you read a book like this, that you realize about how much your life can change during such a short time. This story felt so real and it makes you think about your own life. Plus, I did not expect how this whole thing eventually turned out. Such a good ending! ♥

(view spoiler).

My fav quote from this book:
"Where would be without tomorrows? What we'd have instead would be todays. And if that was the case, with you, I'd hope for the longest days for today I'd fill today with you, doing everything I've ever loved. I'd laugh, I'd talk, I'd listen and learn, I'd love, I'd love, I'd love. I'd make every day today and spend them all with you, and I'd never worry about tomorrow, when I wouldn't be with you. And when that dreaded tomorrow comes for us, please know that I didn't want to leave you, or be left behind, that every single moment spent with you were the best times in my life. "


View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment