8/14/14

Review: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: romance, adult fiction, contemporary.
Series:  stand-alone.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
 Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


My review:

“And then, just like that, my heart broke. My face crumpled, my composure went and I held him tightly and I stopped caring that he could feel the shudder of my sobbing body because grief swamped me. It overwhelmed me and tore at my heart and my stomach and my head and it pulled me under, and I couldn’t bear it. I honestly thought I couldn’t bear it.”

My best friend recommended me this book. Every time we say this book in a store, she told “You NEED to read this, it’s so beautiful!”.
And oh my god, it’s even more that beautiful. It’s sad, realistic, funny, heartwarming, …

I read the ending of this book on the train. Which was a very bad idea, because I just couldn’t contain my tears.

You’re now probably thinking: ‘Why the hell are your giving it 4 stars then?!’. Well, because I didn’t really liked the start of the book. I almost gave up with this book, because it was sooo sloooow. The first 100 pages were … not boring… but not excited enough either. You just need to keep reading.

But otherwise, I really recommend this book!!

“Push yourself. Don’t settle. Wear those stripy legs with pride. And if you insist on settling down with some ridiculous bloke, make sure some of this is squirreled away somewhere. Knowing you still have possibilities is a luxury. Knowing I might have given them to you has alleviated something for me.”


View this on goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment