8/14/14

Review: Obisdian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: aliens, sci-fi, romance, ya, paranormal.
Series: Lux #1
 
Blurb from Goodreads:

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that i

My review:

I only needed this quote to be hooked up:
"I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing Internet had been hooked up. Not being able to do anything with my review blog since moving here was like missing an arm or a leg."

And then she went knocking on door of the most hottest person ever:
"For a moment, all I could was stare at him. He was probably the hottest guy I'd ever seen in real life, and he was a total douche. Go figure."

Katy is funny, stubborn, brave, sweet and I like how she compares things to books and her blog. This makes her so real. I could relate so much. And Deamon... Oh man. He's a total jerk and charmer at the same time. I LOVE HIM OKAY. But it was also very frustrating at the same time (in a good way :D).

I liked the plot a lot too! It's the first book I read about aliens and thanks to this one it won't be the last.
The thing with Arum and Luxen is so interesting. I was a bit scared I wouldn't like it, but Jennifer did an amazing job at describing how they looked and the fights! OH GOD! The fights were amazing!! (view spoiler)

They were also so many good scenes between Katy and Deamon. (view spoiler).
I liked Dee too, but I'm not so sure about the other characters. I feel like I don't know enough about them to judge.

OH!! The little bonus chapter in Deamon's POV was AMAZING! (view spoiler)

Now, you're probably wondering why I only gave it 4 stars huh?
I missed a little 'something', so I'm saving that last star for one of the next books :D (That's sounds so weird, but whatever, I hope you understand me :D)

There are probably tons of things I forgot to mention in my review, but my head is a mess right now (thank yo Deamon!). So to make it up: here are some of my fav quotes I marked:

"The day Internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out my butt and ask for my phone number."

"I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect."

"I was always able to lose myself in reading. Books were a necessary escape I always gladly jumped into headfirst."

"I wasn't brave. I was desperate."

"Because this was absolutely insane - the craziest thing I've ever done. Worse than giving a one-star review, scarier than asking for an interview with an author I'd give my firstborn to eat lunch with, more stupid than kissing Deamon."


 View this on Goodreads here

No comments:

Post a Comment