8/14/14

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: aliens, sci-fi, romance, ya, paranormal.
Series: Lux #2

Blurb from Goodreads:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


My review:

"I understood books. I did not understand boys - especially alien boys."
I don't know how to start with this review! I have so many things to tell, but I'll probably forget half of it :D

About Katy & Daemon:
"You bookish people love teasers, don't you?"
I didn't think it was possible but I fell in love with Daemon all over again. He was so attentional and ugh... (view spoiler) I seriously thought my heart was going to explode of feelings. It was perfect! Plus, what he did for Katy during Thanksgiving and Christmas was sooooo sweet! ♥
But then... (view spoiler)

About freaking Blake:
"Jesus." Blake rubbed his throat. "You have anger management problems. It's like a disease."
"There's a cure and it's called kicking your ass."

First of: I seriously laughed so hard when Deamon said that hahaha :D But yes, I wanted to kick his ass too! (view spoiler)

About Dee:
I missed her a lot in this book! It was like the friendship between her and Katy wasn't important anymore. So yeah, that was a bit disappointing :( I was also a bit mad at Katy for not spending a lot of time with her. (view spoiler)

About the plot:
Words were the most powerful tool. Simple and so ofter underestimated. They could heal. They could destroy."
Oh man, this book was amazing!! SO MANY GOOD MOMENTS!! There are just too much to sum up.
The last quarter of the book was insane. (view spoiler).

I feel like this review is a whole mess of feelings. I still have plenty of thoughts, but I just can't find words to describe it perfectly. So yeah, you'll have to it with this crappy review haha :D Sorry!

By the way: I loved the bonus chapter in Daemon's POV. I was so glad about the scene Jennifer picked for it.

"That I'm lucky, because the person I can't get out of my head, the person who means more to me than I can stand, is still alive. She's still here. And that's you." *squeal*

And I finally found a good reason to buy more books:
"More books." His eyes went wide. "You have, like, then books you just said you haven't read."
"Doesn't mean I won't get more books." I smiled at is incredulous expression. "I haven't been able to read a lot lately, but I will, and then I won't be out of anything new to read."



View this on Goodreads here .

No comments:

Post a Comment