8/14/14

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: aliens, sci-fi, romance, ya, paranormal.
Series: Lux #3

Blurb from Goodreads:

No one is like Daemon Black.
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.
But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger... and they know it
.


My review:

 Oh, for the love of blackwoods babies everywere, if I’m starting to have heart problems, I’m blaming this series!



Okay, first things first:
“He… he kisses like he’s dying of thirst, and I’m water.” I smacked my hands over my hot face. “I can’t believe I just said that out loud.”

Daemon and Katy are from now on my OTP because they are so perfect together! Daemon is so sweet with her. They fit so well together and their making out scenes are just HOT! Thank you Daemon for putting my boyfriend expectations so freaking high! So much swoon!!

My love for some other characters also grew with this series:
“What are you going to do when you see Beth?” Awe crept across Dawson’s features, and he shook his head slowly. “Oh man, I don’t know. Breathe – I’ll finally be able to breathe.”

I’m very happy about Dawson being back again. I liked the moments between him and Katy. I was a bit scared of what may happen with him, because he was so different, but after the plan was made for saving Beth, he became a bit more like he was before Beth was taken. (view spoiler)

I’m so happy Dee and Katy are doing better with each other. I was so glad they went shopping together. I was also surprised about Ash. Yes, most of the time she’s still a bitch but idk, I liked her more in this book. Same with Andrew. I’m so glad he and Dee build up a friendship. They fit well together. Also Katy’s mom is great! She didn’t deserve anything Will did to her and I really hope she will find someone who truly cares about her.

“Killing wasn’t the hard part. It was what came afterward – the guilt. It was too much."

Everyone in this series felt so real. They all struggle with death. And Katy being afraid of killing and having all this guilt was so well described. For a slight moment I was afraid she would be broken by all the things that happened with her (view spoiler), but I’m so grateful for Daemon talking to her and making her strong again. (view spoiler).

"It sucked - sucked worse than people who pirated books, sucked more than waiting a year for the next book in a series, and sucked more than a brutal cliffhanger ending."

But fucking Blake. I could seriously punch kill that guy. I felt excited when he appeared again in this book and I SO regret these feelings! WHAT. A. CREEP! I never trusted him but (view spoiler).

And this brings me to the ending of this book:
WHAT. THE. HELL!! I want to slap and hug Jennifer Armentrout at the same time (sorry) :D (view spoiler)



I already said this once, but I’m saying this again:
Jennifer Armentrout, you are one hell of a writer. This series is funny, heart breaking and shocking on all the right moments!

"Being this way with him was like tapping into the Source but more powerful. The roller-coaster feeling was there, but different and deeper, and he was right there with me. It was more than perfect and beautiful."


 View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment