8/20/14

Review: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: aliens, sci-fi, romance, ya, paranormal.
Series: Lux #5

Blurb from Goodreads:

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.
She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.
Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.
They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.
War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


My review:

If you are reading this review, it could only be for two reasons:
1. You finished Opposition already and you want to read some reviews to see what other people liked about it.
2. You are going to start with Opposition, because you loved the previous 4 books and you want to prep yourself a bit.
In either way, I don’t need to convince you to read this awesome book. So, I’m going to skip that part, because you probably already know this is a must read. You just do.

“We were supposed to have tonight and tomorrow, and many weeks and months, but we didn’t have even another minute.”

This book, ladies and gentlemen, nearly killed me with an overdose of emotions. It’s more than a ‘good book’ to finish a damn good series. It's even more incredible than I ever could have imagined. Jennifer did an amazing job (again!) with this book. I’m going to miss everything about it. Soooooo much!

Katy and Daemon are definitely my all-time OTP. They are perfect together. They both have imperfections, but they complete each other as a whole. I’m very glad how the story turned out for them, because holy shit. They went through A LOT.

“What the hell, man?” Dawson exploded, hands flying up.
“I was on lever sixty-nine of Candy Crush, you bastard. Do you know how hard that - ?”


I’m going to miss Dee, Dawson and Beth too. Especially Dawson. After reading Shadows, I basically fell in love with him. I wished he appeared more in this book, but he was in the ending, which compensated his absentee in the rest of the book.

And Archer….oh Archer, my baby. I’m going to miss him the most I think (after Daemon of course)! He is my absolute fav “minor” character in this series. He is very funny and he made me crack up every single time, especially with Daemon! He is kind of the best friend everyone wished for. Gosh, I love him!

“It’s like an apocalypse,” Archer murmured.
I swallowed hard. “All we’re missing are the zombies.”


The storyline of this book was a bit different from the previous ones. This time it had of a apocalyptic theme, but I liked it. The whole world became a bit terrifying (with Daedalus, the Luxen, the origins,…) and Jennifer did an amazing job at describing the scenery and fights.

Oh! And I was so excited about the Arum in this book! I read Obsession a few days ago and I LOVED IT. I couldn’t wait for Hunter appearing in this book. I’m sooooo glad how he turned out to be with Daemon, Katy and the rest. Hunter and Daemon is such a good sarcasm combo :D I only wish they were more conversations between them!

“We could really use the Avengers right about now."
"Screw that. We need Loki," Daemon retorted.
General Eaton arched a brow. "Well, unfortunately, the Marvel Universe isn't real, so...”


I want to thank Jennifer L. Armentrout for this series. You stole my heart since I first started with Obsidian. And I fell in love with your books and characters over and over again. You are the best


PS: I need a spin-off about Luc. Please?

“In a low voice, I asked, "How are you doing?"
Luc shrugged. "You know, I'm doing my thing like a chicken wing."
My brow arched.
Daemon sounded like he choked. "Did you seriously just say that?”



 View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment