8/14/14

Review: When it Rains by Lisa de Jong

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: contemporary, new adult, romance, drama.
Series: Rain #1


Blurb from Goodreads:

One night changed my life forever.
Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't. I haven’t told anyone.
I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone. Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.
I’ve been hurt. I’ve been saved. And I’ve found hope.
I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…
Again.

My review:

"Life's not fair. Life's often complicated, leaving us to deal with things that we shouldn't have to. Life can make you smile one day, only to leave you broken into tiny little pieces the next." 

Oh my goodness! I don't think I have the right words to describe how much I loved this book.
I loved every single thing about it. I can't give you one negative thing about this book. Not one.

Kate is a girl who's lost all the light in her world. Yet, she's one of the strongest characters I know. It's not easy to keep living when you feel like you're drowning a little more each day because of a secret. But she developed herself beautifully though this book. She became even more stronger. I just love her so much. I also liked the fact that she tried to repair her bound with her mom. It made me also very happy her mom found someone because of Kate.

"It should never be okay for someone to spend more time crying than they do smiling." 

Right from the beginning, I fell in love with Asher and it is so hard to say goodbye to him. He is truly the best. 
Whenever it rains, I think of him. I'm not even kidding. His character taught Kate (and me!) so much important lessons about living. 
He's my favorite character of all times. That little surprise he did for Kate in the ending was perfect! I can't say I didn't imagine a different ending, but this one was perfect too. 

There’s a difference between soul mates and true love. Looking at the surface, they are similar, but when I dug deep down inside, I found they were different.
 Is one type of love better than the other? I don’t know but I’m lucky enough to have found them both. 

Beau is amazing too. I like that he didn't gave up on her. Even when she tried to push him away. That's a real best friend. 
I'm glad how he turned out to be in the ending. The chapter in his POV was so good. I loved this little glimpse in his head. 

"All the stars shine for you, Asher." 

I started reading this book expecting a 'light' and cute romantic story... and I ended up (ugly!!) crying during the last 150 pages. 
Beautiful book, characters, memories... Thank you Lisa De Jong for this great journey!

"We tend to regret our yesterdays, live in our todays and forget about our tomorrows, but I'm trying to cherish them all."
View on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment