9/24/14

Weekly Recommendation: Paranormal Romance

Paranormal romance is a sub-genre of the romance novel related to paranormal fiction.
In a paranormal romance the subject is more focused on the romance, but it includes aspects beyond the range of scientific explanation. Personally, this is one of my favorite genres ever. I do enjoy 'plain' romances, but when a book is paranormal I prefer the little 'love-twist' in it. These are some of my favorites book/series ever, including one I have on my tbr list since I finished Vampire Academy.
Oh and just so you know: I think one of the best paranormal romance authors is Jennifer L. Armentrout! So take her two book recommendation very serious :D When I say they are awesome, they are phenomenal!



BOOK ONE: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: LUX
My rating: ★★★★★

Description:

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.



BOOK TWO: Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: LUX spin-off (adult)
My rating: ★★★★★

Description:

He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.
Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.
Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.
Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?


BOOK THREE: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Series: The Host (trilogy)
My rating: ★★★★★

Description:

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.




BOOK FOUR: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
Series: Caster Chronicles
My rating: ★★★★

Description:

Is falling in love the beginning . . . or the end?
In Ethan Wate's hometown there lies the darkest of secrets . . .
There is a girl. Slowly, she pulled the hood from her head . . . Green eyes, black hair. Lena Duchannes.
There is a curse. On the Sixteenth Moon, the Sixteenth Year, the Book will take what it's been promised. And no one can stop it.
In the end, there is a grave.
Lena and Ethan become bound together by a deep, powerful love. But Lena is cursed and on her sixteenth birthday, her fate will be decided. Ethan never even saw it coming.


BOOK FIVE: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #1 (spin-off from Vampire Academy)
My rating: marked as tbr

Description:

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...


***

QUESTION: Do you have more recommendations? Comment them below! I'm always looking for more to read ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment