9/4/14

Review: Frigid by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)

My rating: ★★★★
Genre: new adult, romance, contemporary.
Series: Frigid #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 
Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 
But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

My review:

Since I read the Lux series I am COMPLETELY obsessed with JLA’s books! I also read Wait For You, so I was overexcited when my best friend gave me this book for my birthday!
I really liked this book! Sydney is such a likeable character. I recognized myself a lot in her and I think that’s why I could relate so much. In the beginning of the books, she is very insecure about herself and love life. And she really made a very impressive progress through the book. Yes, she didn’t get rid of all insecurities, but that’s okay. Because having insecurities is okay. 

“If I fall and break my neck, will you say something nice at my funeral?"
"Like 'Kyler was usually more graceful?” 


This brings me to Mr. Hotness aka Kyle! I don’t know how JLA does it, but every single time she manages to make me fall in love with the guy in her books. I just can’t help myself :D He’s extremely hot, funny and super sweet. Yes, he’s kind of player in the beginning, but I liked the fact that he’s always been different with Syd. Because those two together was just perfect! 

“Now about these jeans…” “What about them?” He winked, and damn if he didn't look good doing it. “They’ve got to go.” 

The romance side of the story was amazing. Not rushed and beautifully written. It’s only the little mysterious part about the book that bothered me a little. I’m not saying it was bad, but in my opinion, it didn’t really fit into the story. That’s why I gave it four stars. If it wasn’t for that mystery part, this book would totally deserve 5 stars and be one of my favs.

“You’re weird.” “I know.” I lifted my head so my chin rested on his chest. “But you love me?” His lips tipped up at the corners. “I love you as much as a kid loves Santa.” I laughed. “That’s serious.” “Hardcore,” he murmured.” 

The thing that really annoyed me was the word “frigid”. JLA used it a little too much in the book. I like it when the title of the book appears, but please not more than 10 times! The meaning of the title was a little lost because of that. But really, I’m probably the only one who got annoyed by that word, so it’s really not a big deal ;)

“Sometimes words weren’t enough— they couldn’t cover the feeling. This was one of those times. So I closed the distance and kissed her, putting everything I felt for her, every promise I made her, into that one kiss.” 

So overall, I liked this book a lot. The ending was perfect
There’s a beautiful romance between a super sweet girl and a swoon-worthy guy and awesome minor-characters (I loved Andrea and Tanner!!). What do you need more, right?

OH! And I’m SO excited for the sequel about Andrea and Tanner!! 


View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment