9/8/14

Review: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: young adult, romance, realistic fiction, contemporary.
Series: stand-alone

Blurb from Goodreads:

It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just...disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?
Apple picking at night?
Okay, easy enough.
Dance until dawn?
Sure. Why not?
Kiss a stranger?
Um...
Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane's list. Who knows what she'll find?
Go skinny-dipping?
Wait...what?

My review:

What a book! People said it’s THE book of summer 2014 and I totally agree! It deserves the hype 100%. This is a perfect summer-book and I flew across the pages. It’s such an easy read, because Morgan’s writing is so good. I almost read the whole book in ONE day!

“All the stuff you can’t wait to get away from, until it’s not there anymore, and then you miss it like crazy.” 

I immediately connected with the main character Emily. I could relate so much, because that’s how I felt one time when my best friend changed school and left me alone. The fact that Sloane was gone intrigued me a lot, but sometimes I found myself disliking her because she left Em without saying anything.

“It just gets hard, always being someone's second choice”

Frank is amazing!! I was super curious about him. He was showing up everywhere in the beginning. I have to admit I was a little confused about him, but afterwards I was so glad he met Emily. He’s so sweet and handsome (ABS!!)!

“We were kissing like it was a long-forgotten language that we'd once been fluent in and were finding again” 

The storyline was really great! The thing about the list was super fun. The book has also a lot of character developments (especially with Emily!) and life lessons. I also liked that the book wasn’t completely focused on the romance, but also on the friendships.

“How was I supposed to keep living in this town when everything I saw reminded me of someone I'd lost?” 

The book is gorgeous by the way. The cover is so summer-ish and the playlists and letters between chapters is really fun.

I wouldn’t mind a sequel! Morgan, what do you say? I need more Em/Frank and Em/Sloane! :D



 View this on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment