11/30/14

Book Tag: Readers problems

A big thanks to Jumana from BooksByJ for tagging me! This is the 'Readers problems' - tag. and it's originally from some booktuber (I wouldn't know which one).



Let's start!

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

Depends on my mood actually. Or whatever everyone else is reading. I'm often motivated to read a particular book when nobody can't seem to shut up about it :D

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

If the first 100 pages don't interest me, I just stop reading it. Except if a lot of people say it will be better. Then it usually makes me curious enough to continue. But if I'm already halfway thought a book and I still don't like, then I just quit. Often I just put it on my 'on-hold-shelf' and try again later.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

I don't really stress about it. If I don't make it... well... it sucks. But I would try to catch up by reading smaller books or hold a readathon with some other people to keep it fun.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

I don't. I will be forever mad and it will bother me whenever I see these books. You just don't cope with this...

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

I usually find at least one or two people who share my opinion on Goodreads :D

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

I immediately stop reading. I don't like to draw attention in public. But usually, when I know it's an emotional book, I don't read it in public ;)

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?

I usually forget rereading the previous book, so I try to find as many spoilery reviews on Goodreads. Or I search for a recap of the book, like Recaptains does ;)

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

I'm the worst at this! I try to mumble a few lame excuses haha :D Or I say I want to reread it and keep it. But when I do this, I feel guilty afterwards... don't know why :D

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

I sulk for days haha :D A good contemporary romance usually helps me! Last time Isla and the Happily Ever After helped me a lot!

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

ALL OF THEM! I have no way to contain myself when it comes to buying books :D

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?

Way longer than I care to admit .... :D But the ones I REALLY want to read, I usually read them fast ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you read all of this: I love you :D I'm also tagging a few people, because I loved doing this!
I don't know a lot of people, so if you're reading this and you aren't tagged, feel free to do it anyway! ;) 

xoxo, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment