11/1/14

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: YA, dystopia, romance, paranormal.
Series: Shatter Me #1

Blurb from Goodreads:

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


My review:

First read: February 2014
Second read: October 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I only know now that the scientists are wrong.
The world is flat.
I know because I was tossed right off the edge and I've been trying to hold on for 17 years."


Okay, I didn't know what to expect of this book, but I think there was a period where half of my friends on Goodreads were reading this series, so I thought 'Why not give it a try?'
And omg, it was a great decision because I LITERALLY LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!

"Life is a bleak place," he whispers. "Sometimes you have to learn how to shoot first."

The fact that Juliette could kill with her hands and her strength was so interesting and exciting. It didn't bother me that I was a bit confused in the beginning, because Juliette was too. The way the book was written in the beginning is amazing to read. You know exactly how Juliette feels. Tahereh Mafi used such a unique way to describe everything Juliette thinks and feels.

I loved the relationship between Adam and Juliette! I loved every single moment between them. (view spoiler)

"Laughter comes from living." I shrug, try to sound indifferent. "I've never really been alive before."

If I have to pick a favorite character other than the main ones, then it's definitely Kenji! He is HILARIOUS! He made me grin and laugh out loud a few times :D I can't wait to find out more about him!

The whole storyline is amazing. I couldn't put this book down. And the final chapters were even more amazing!
(view spoiler)

This is definitely one of my favorite dystopia book! I can't want to read the other books and novellas!


No comments:

Post a Comment