2/1/15

Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Genre: NA, romance, contemporary
Series: stand-alone

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.
Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.
They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.
Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

My review★★★★★

*I listened to the audiobook*

Oh god. If Collen continues to write books like this, one day Cause of death: feels will be stated in my medical file. *sighs* What can I say? Colleen ruined me completely. Again!


I probably say this in every review I write about a CoHo book, but damn, Colleen always manages to get me in this puddle of feels. No wait… more like ocean of heart-wrenching feels. 

“Sometimes not speaking says more than all the words in the world.”

The book is in dual pov, going back and forth between Tate’s perspective in the present, and Miles perspective in the past. The switch to present and past makes it very captivating. I couldn’t stop listening to this book.

“It's the beautiful moments like this that make up for the ugly love”

Both main characters are so complex and so intense. Tate wants to share her love, Miles wants to keep everything in and push every opportunity away. But with the connection they have, it’s impossible to be in control.
Miles’ past is so mysterious and through the whole book you want to understand what made him be so against love. And the ending was so perfect. Freaking intense, but perfect. I’m glad I was listening to the audiobook, because I was crying SO much.

“God gives us the ugliness so we don’t take the beautiful things in life for granted.”

Their story is heart clenching, real, intense, beautiful… and ugly.
I loved every single thing about it and I definitely recommend it!

PS: There’s a soundtrack of this book, listen to it here:

“Love isn’t always pretty, Tate. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it’ll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you’re back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment